Peraza Dermatology Group is thrilled to offer the very best in laser hair removal technology. The SPLENDOR X™ provides fast, effective, and comfortable laser hair removal for patients with a breadth of skin and hair tones, including those with tanned skin. Dark hair responds the best to treatment, but those with fair/blonde hair can also enjoy satisfying results in many instances. The SPLENDOR X™ can also support wrinkle reduction and removal of vascular and pigmented lesions.
What is it?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light (laser) at a specific wavelength to remove unwanted hair.
How does it work?
During treatment, lasers emit energy in the form of light onto the skin. The melanin in the hair absorbs this energy and converts it into heat which destroys the hair follicles to prevent or stop future growth. The SPLENDOR X™ works more powerfully and effectively because it combines 2 types of lasers, the Alexandrite and Nd:YAG. Each laser operates at a different wavelength, allowing treatments to be tailored to meet each patient’s unique skin type and hair color and thickness needs.
It is also the world’s first laser to feature a square-shaped laser spot that safely covers every inch of skin, allowing for faster and uniform coverage of the treatment area. The laser utilizes a dual cooling system to help protect skin during treatments. Because not all hairs will be at the same stage at the same time, you will need multiple treatments to permanently remove unwanted hair.
Where is it used?
Laser hair removal can be performed on most areas of the body, including the face, underarms, bikini line, chest, back, and legs. Please work with the PDG team to discuss your hair removal needs to create a treatment plan.
What should I expect after treatment?
- You may experience mild sunburn (burning) sensation following treatment that usually resolves within a few hours.
- Skin redness is normal and may last a few days. Slight swelling in the treated area is normal, while larger veins may appear bruised.
- Cold compresses may be useful. You may take over-the-counter pain or anti-inflammatory medication. Hydrocortisone cream may decrease skin itching or irritation.
- The treated area may be fragile for 3 days. Use gentle cleansers. Do not rub the skin and avoid hot water and vigorous activity during this recovery time. Avoid picking or scratching treated skin.
- Skin moisturizers may be used immediately following treatment.
- Avoid direct sun light to the treated area and use sunblock with a sun protection factor (SPF) greater than 30 at all times. Do not use sunless tanning lotions.
- The treatment area may be left open and uncovered. No bandage or special dressings are needed. Do not scrub or exfoliate the treatment area.
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 2 days after the procedure.
- Please call our office if you experience any blistering, scabbing, or increasing pain in the treated area.