For patients who seek removal of unwanted tattoos, Peraza Dermatology Group is pleased to offer tattoo removal utilizing the PiQo4™ laser. The PiQo4™ delivers a safe and quick treatment with noticeable results, minimal downtime, and faster results for all skin types.
In addition to tattoo removal, the PiQo4™ utilizes photoacoustic energy in PicoFractional treatments to deliver comprehensive skin toning and rejuvenation. By enhancing production of collagen and elastin without thermal injury, there is no downtime. PicoFractional treatments represent another option for patients with unwanted pigmented spots, skin irregularities, facial lines and wrinkles, sun damage, skin discoloration from photoaging, and surgical/acne scarring.
What is it?
The PiQo4™ energy system utilizes nano- and picosecond laser pulses and large treatment spot size. This approach provides patients faster tattoo removal results and shorter treatment sessions.
How does it work?
The PiQo4™’s four wavelengths treat the broadest range (9 of the most frequently used tattoo colors ranging from light orange to dark black) of pigment/tattoo colors, on the widest range of skin types. On average, 4-6 treatment sessions are needed, but this varies due to tattoo size and style.
Where is it used?
The PiQo4™ can be used to remove tattoos and unwanted pigmentation on any area of the body.
What should I expect after treatment?
- You may have mild sunburn (burning) sensation following treatment that is usually gone within a few hours. Skin redness is normal and may last a few days. There may be a slight amount of swelling and pinpoint bleeding can occur.
- Cold compresses may be useful. You may take over-the-counter pain or anti-inflammatory medication.
- Your skin will be fragile for several days. Use gentle cleansers. Do not rub the skin and avoid hot water during this time. Avoid picking or scratching treated skin.
- The treated area needs to be covered with Vaseline daily for one week.
- Avoid direct sun light to the treated area and use sunblock with a sun protection factor (SPF) greater than 30 at all times. Do not use sunless tanning lotions.
- Multiple treatments, repeated approximately every eight weeks, will be needed to achieve the desired result.
- Please call our office if you experience any blistering, scabbing, or increasing pain as this may be a sign of an early infection.