Peraza Dermatology Group offers a number of minimally invasive and convenient treatments to support patients in achieving a natural, vibrant appearance. Our Upper Valley patients appreciate our approach to identifying subtle yet effective treatments that support them in looking and feeling their best.
What is it?
Botox®, an injectable purified protein that is used in small doses for certain cosmetic procedures and medical conditions, represents the most common cosmetic procedure performed in the United States. It is FDA-approved and has been used safely and effectively for many years.
How does it work?
The agent blocks nerve impulses to the muscles that help us smile, frown and squint, resulting in softer expressions and a reduction in wrinkles. The cosmetic results usually last several months and the duration of effect may increase with subsequent injections.
The procedure takes about 10 to 30 minutes. It takes about two weeks to see the full effects, and results typically last approximately three to four months.
Where is it used?
The most commonly treated areas are furrow lines (a.k.a. “elevens” or frown lines), wrinkles around the eyes (“crow’s feet”), and forehead creases.
What should I expect after treatment?
- Following treatment, small red bumps may be noticeable and usually resolve within 30 minutes. Mild swelling, bruising, and slight discomfort can be expected.
- Minimize strenuous exercise for 48 hours following treatment.
- It is recommended not to fly for 24 hours following treatment.
- You should notice desired results within 10 days after treatment.
- If you notice any asymmetry in the treatment area, please call our office.